Monday, February 27, 2012

If you don't like funerals don't kick sand in the ninjas face

Are bands ruining social networking sites? I think so! I've had bands add me on instagram lately they follow thousands of people it's so lame. Bands fucked myspace and I am probably guilty of this but the constant spamming "check out my band" or "come to my show" to people that don't even live near you pisses people off. I'm sure that's why people flocked to Facebook to get away from the spam. It was all good for a few years then bam you could make band pages then it started again. "check out my band" blah blah blah and the event invites oooh those fucking event invites don't invite me to your gigs if I don't live near you I'm not fucking coming! And bands creating events that aren't actual events there is a special place in hell for you dildos! There needs to be a band block on social networking sites before they are all ruined.


Im flying back to Australia today for a few weeks. I cant wait to be in the heat. I feel like Ive had 6 months of winter lol I need to defrost. I will miss Japan but I will be back soon. I think I am gunna miss Osaka the most. Its great check out these sticker bombs I found there 




The last few days in Japan have been so rad. Made some great friends while Ive been here. You need to check out the band Toylet. Japanese punk shows are fucking crazy and underground as all fuck. I went to a gig on Sunday night the first song the guitarist of the first band flung his guitar into the crowd then jumped around on stage like a freaken mad man. Yep I got hit by the guitar. I was was  way to hung over to stand that close to the front of the stage so I took my beer and went to the back of the venue (which was tiny by the way.)   

Japan has been amazing for me. It has let me rediscover music and get over being jaded by the poseur scene that has infected Australia. In Australia if you dont have sleeve tattoos people wont let you in their hardcore band, if you arent a pretty boy they wont let you in their rock band and if you aint metal enough they wont let you in their metal band. I remember being told that I couldnt wear certain clothes on stage because it didnt fit the bands image. Thats gaytarded! There is nothing worse then manufactured passion. 


Japan has also let me find my creativeness again. There is no better feeling then not being stressed about a day job and creative block that it brings. My mind feels young again. Japan has brought back the sense of wonder I used to feel when I was a kid. Ive been drawing nearly everyday and other days I have been writing my comic which I couldnt even get pass the first line a few months ago now I have written two issues and plotted a further 6. Amazing!! 


Ive also just designed some puppets for the new Diamond Sins film clip and I am working on the back drops but more on that soon! 

In case you havent noticed Ive changed my blog layout a bit. Im pretty happy with it. I will make a website for my art one day until then the blog will do.

Oh and make sure you get down on the new Die Antwoord those guys are creative as all hell!

I'll leave you with this I found on the net it made me nearly wet myself with laughter. See ya when Im looking at ya 




No comments:

Post a Comment